Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nothing but Foreigners!

Well, we are preparing to leave our house soon! We knew this day would come when we decided to become full time missionaries. I admit, at first, my heart was a little heavy. Josh and I have been married over 11 years now and this is the only home we have ever owned. This is the only home our boys have ever known. They have spongebob on their bedroom walls mommy and daddy spent 2 nights painting for them. However, God has opened my eyes so much to His will in our lives and as I write this tonight, I feel so blessed. Sometimes it hurts, we are sad, we cry, etc... but God is so mighty and loves us so very much. He know us by our name, he places every tear in His mighty hands. As I read in Luke 10, Jesus required much of his disciples! This "house" is not my home. America is not my home, Africa is not my home. When I gave my heart to Jesus, my home became Heaven. I am nothing but a foreigner here! God truely showed me that today. We are so blessed, no matter where we are my family is happy and blessed and together and I praise God for that. We have so much work to do for God, earth is only temporary, my real home was purchased long ago, it was paid in full, bought by the blood of the Lamb and one day we will have a wonderful homecoming! Until then we are looking for a rental home until next summer, when we leave for Uganda! The boys are having fun looking for potential houses. They are very quick to give us the thumbs up or down! Please keep us in your prayers as we continue to look for a rental and prepare to move before the holidays! Thank you all for your continued prayers!
God bless,
Josh and Angela

No comments: